If you tell me your technical problem, I give you a quote.
How I Help You
TECHNICAL DUE DILIGENCE
With tech being the crucial driver for your business success, understanding capabilities and limitations of a tech department or platform is crucial. I help CEOs, VCs and investors make better decisions about acquisition, scaling and strategy with technical due diligence.
- Readiness for Funding
- Explain his tech to (new) CEO
- Benchmark outsourcing
- Platform assessment, insourcing, outsourcing and Tech strategy
- M&A and due diligence for VCs
RECRUITING TECH TALENTS 3.0
You can only achieve your stretch goals with the right people and the growth in tech talents that you need. Finding and keeping the best tech talent is harder than ever. I help you find, attract and recruit the best tech talent. Bringing your company to the next level of people management I help with retention.
Employer tech branding
Employee Life Cycle thinking
What CTO do I need?
Growth and insourcing
Workshops and Webinars
CODING FOR MANAGERS
Understanding tech is crucial for your success. As you only understand the tastes of apple by taking a bite, you only deeply understand tech by writing code. I’m specialized in teaching coding to senior managers in one day workshops.
- Feel the Tech
- Give you an edge
- Coding for CEOs/GMs
- Coding for VCs
FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS
The secret sauce for your success is focus. Companies with focus have more market success, people with focus have more successful careers. Distractions today are more than ever so we often lose focus. I help you find your company focus in product strategy and day to day work.
- Focus, Focus, Focus
- Help focus on right things to do
- Focus techniques on every level
- Introduce product portfolio management
- Focus on the right products
This Makes Me Unique
With over 30 years of programming, 20 years of Internet experience and 20 years of agile technical management from small startups to large enterprises, I have seen a lot of tech organizations and tech stacks. I bring solid practical experience combined with an excellent academic foundation. As a former founder myself I understand startups and can help grow a company with strategy, scaling technology, quality, product, devops and development. Working on the technical edge I’ve written one of the first open source fulltext search engines and also a widely used Wiki render engine in the 90s. Best at building and transforming, coaching and growing I'm business savvy and can bridge business, explain tech to CEOs and make technology deliver results. I’m a champion for diversity, startup mentor and frequent speaker at conferences.
Some selected work experience.
Berlin Startup Academy (BSA), Mentor
eventsofa GmbH, CTO & Co-Founder
eBay Fashion Germany, CTO
ImmobilienScout24, Team Lead Development 'Professional Agents'
Fraunhofer FIRST, Senior Consultant
neotis GmbH, CTO & Co-Founder
Some selected talks.
- “Focus, Focus, Focus”, WJAX
- “Recruiting Tech Talents 3.0 / Employee Life Cycle“, JAX
- "Crash Boom Bang – Prevent IT from exploding into your face", Startup Growth Camp Berlin
- “Employee Life Cycle”, WJAX
- “Scaling is driving architecture”, Talents @ Unicorn
- "Startups - Die Zukunft schon heute erleben" Freie Universität Berlin
- “How to embrace technology and use it to change the world“, Open Lectures GTEC
- “Time to market Essentials”, HackFwd
- “IT for CEOs”, Berlin Startup Academy
- “What everyone should know about time to market“, JAX
- "The Crucial Importance of Continuous Delivery and Deployment", Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
I enjoy giving talks at meetups and conferences. All talks also available as inhouse talks at your company. If you need a talk, ask!
Stephan Schmidt Schivelbeiner Str. 5 10439 Berlin +49 151 4248 1170 030 41723126 firstname.lastname@example.org
Images from Unsplash.